Ham & Cheese Egg Muffins – Muffin Tray Recipe
Well, there’s no witty intro to this post. I’m on month 2 or so feeling pretty awful and almost house bound. Gotta love this roller coaster of life. Sometimes on the up, sometimes feeling like everything’s falling apart.
But you keep going because that’s what life’s all about, fighting the hard times believing the good are round the corner!
So I’m cooking to pass the time. A lot of cooking. And also wondering if a cooking blog could be something that might one day take off and give me that chance I need to find a job where I can work from home. Ya never know! I’m also helping my mum with her weight loss again trying to keep her meal plans enjoyable and far from bland in the hope it becomes a lifestyle change this time not just a phase.
I wanted to show her a fun weekend brunch idea. Muffin tray recipes are so versatile (see my Pizza Muffin Recipe here) and these Ham & Cheese Egg Muffins are such a treat anytime of day! Perfect for when you want a change from an omelette or scrambled eggs. I make a batch of 6 and keep them in the fridge for a few days and use them as a light meal with salad toast and spinach or on their own as a snack.
Splash of milk
Onions & peppers diced into small chunks
Wafer thin ham
Salt, pepper, oregano & parsley to season
1. Whisk up the eggs and milk and add the seasonings
2. Grease the muffin tins with a little oil, coconut oil or butter them line the cups with the ham
3. Cook down the peppers and onions in a pan with a little oil until soft. Tip: frozen veg are just as good and quicker!
4. Add the veg mix to the cups and pour in enough egg mix to fill. Sprinkle with cheese and top with slices of ham
5. Bake at 150oC for 15 minutes
For more recipe ideas have a look at my Mummy Bakes Pinterest Board
Stay Up To Date
Subscribe for FREE and get new blog posts, inspiration, recipes and more straight to your inbox