Welcome to Summer!
It’s July, the summer hoildays and it’s raining so heavy even the ducks have gone into hiding. Welcome to Scotland!
I’m running out of ways to keep the 2-year-old who hates being cooped up in the house for more than a day occupied. So I got to thinking about what my mum used to do with me when I was little. Then I remembered she used to chuck me outside to play no matter what the weather!
Well, I’ll save that for when Aidens old enough to play in the pissing rain on his own without mummy having to be there getting drenched too.
So, for now, good old fashioned baking with the kids it is!
Peanut Butter and Raspberry Muffins
You know I love a good muffin and I like to try new variations. So this time I decided to try peanut butter and raspberry muffins. I chose peanut butter but you can also use almond butter or any nut butter you like. Also I had fresh raspberries but frozen will work too. I tried to keep the sugar content low but c’mon, everyone deserves a not so health treat now and again!
These turned out light yet filling and just the right amount of sweetness. They’re a delicious distraction from the fact that we’re on day 4 of heavy Scottish rain in summer time.
Aiden loved getting involved and after we ate more than I’m going to admit, we got back to playing hide and seek – how many times is it acceptable to tell your 2-year-old, “Go hide, mummy will come find you,” so that you can have a few minutes to drink coffee and watch Love Island re-runs in peace?
I really hope you enjoy these peanut butter and raspberry muffins! For more delicious baking you can enjoy with the kids, check out the food section here.
Please feel free to print off the recipe below or share it on Pinterest and if you give it a try please post some photos in the comments section.
See you all next Friday for another delicious recipe 🙂
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup mashed)
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 table spoons of white vinegar
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 cups plain flour
- ¼ cup golden castor sugar
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150 g fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a muffin tin with 12-15 baking cups.
- In a large mixing bowl use a fork to mash up the banana until smooth, don't worry about lumps. Beat in the egg. Add in the peanut butter, vinegar and milk and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar until combined.
- Add to the wet mix and gently fold in. Lastly, fold in the fresh raspberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups. Bake for approx. 20 mins, until they are golden and beginning to crack on the top and a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool then transfer onto a wire rack and enjoy
Stay Up To Date
Subscribe for FREE and get new blog posts, inspiration, recipes and more straight to your inbox