What Are Pizza Muffins?
Simply put, pizza muffins are little muffins which taste like pizza…..made in a muffin tray!
There are so many muffin tray recipes out there. Find a delicious ham and cheese egg muffin recipe here
Muffin tray recipes are fantastically easy and versatile. They’ve become something I try to make at least once a week for a change to sandwiches or the typical lunch dishes.
These pizza muffins are particularly delicious, but then, I do love pizza! They actually taste like pizza and the have been given the official taste test thumb up by Aiden.
Now if you search Pinterest you’ll find many different recipes to make different variations of pizza muffins. A lot of them include making a dough like base, which I’ve tried and also liked. But simply using tortilla wraps make them a lot lighter and less ‘stodgy’.
They are perfect for lunch (or even a snack) and can be customised using different fillings and flavours.
The fillings i used for these included peppers, spinach and ham. But you can try mushrooms, pepperoni, pineapple…. turn your favourite pizza topping into a pizza muffin!
- Bolognaise sauce (jar or keep it healthy and make your own)
- Grated cheese (I used mozzarella)
- Wafer ham sliced up (or peperoni)
- Peppers and spinach chopped (or any other filling you want to add)
- Tortilla wraps
- Preheat oven to 200c
- Lightly oil a muffin tin
- Cut circles out of the wrap and place into the muffin cups
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of sauce into each muffin tin.
- Add Peppers and spinach
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Top with ham
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Eat the lot before the kid gets any!
Stay Up To Date
Subscribe for FREE and get new blog posts, inspiration, recipes and more straight to your inbox