Hmmm, I like bananas. Strawberries are good too. I loooooove chocolate…..
All of those ingredients are sitting in my kitchen right this very minute. Let’s put them all together and make Strawberry and Chocolate Muffins!!
That’s what i like about a muffin, they can be so versatile. So many different kinds – Chocolate Brownie Muffins – Banana & Blueberry – Egg Muffins – sweet ones – savoury ones,,,,,,, the list is endless.
I particularly like the combination of strawberries and chocolate (ever tried strawberries covered in melted galaxy chocolate…. OMG you must! Go do it, do it now. Then come back and make these muffins!)
This strawberry and chocolate muffins recipe is a perfect sweet treat while not being too chocolatey. They’re healthy, filling and nutritious. Oh, and toddler approved!
Have a look at my Pinterest page for lots of baking and sweet treat ideas
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2tsp chia seeds
- 1 large egg
- 1tbsp non fat greek yoghurt
- ½ cup non dairy milk (almond, soya)
- 2tbsp maple syrup
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- Handful of strawberries chopped into small chunks
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c and grease a muffin tin and coat with a little flour (or use paper cases)
- Mash the banana in a large bowl then whisk in the egg. Add the greek yoghurt, maple syrup, vanilla extract and milk then mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chia send and mix until incorporated and a sticky batter forms.
- Stir in the chopped strawberries and chocolate.
- Spoon into muffin tray and gently tap the tray on the kitchen unit. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 mins until golden and a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
Stay Up To Date
Subscribe for FREE and get new blog posts, inspiration, recipes and more straight to your inbox