Mama Needs Chocolate
Whether it’s my time of the month or the fact we’re nearing the end of the summer holidays, mamma needs some chocolate!
I like to find healthy twists to make my chocolate love (obsession) a little bit kinder on the waistline, but sometimes you want the real thing and people, I’ve got the answer right here!
This is my recipe for Tripe Chocolate Nutella Muffins!
Find the printable recipe below or why not pin it for later? If you give it a try please let me know how you get on and if you’re not a chocolate lover there are plenty more non-chocolate recipes in the food and drink section.
Have a great weekend everybody!
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- ¼ Nutella plus more for filling
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar (this will react with the baking soda to help them rise)
- 2 cups plain flour
- ½ cup of sugar (I used golden caster sugar but white will do)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 100g bag of dark chocolate chips
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl then add to a food processor.
- Add the egg, ½ cup of milk, vinegar, ¼ cup Nutella, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Blend then add the other ½ cup of milk. Whizz together until completely combined.
- With a spoon mix in 50g of the chocolate chips
- Line muffin trays with muffin cups and fill about ½ way with the batter. Add a small dollop of Nutella (approx 1 tsp) then fill the rest of the way with batter.
- Finally top with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 220 for 5 minutes then turn oven down to 180 and cook for a further 5-8 minutes
- Allow to cool and enjoy the gooey chocolate heaven!
Stay Up To Date
Subscribe for FREE and get new blog posts, inspiration, recipes and more straight to your inbox